Before You Fly
Arrival for all nationalities (except citizens of GCC countries and holders of a Saudi Iqama) arriving at KKIA require a visa to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Always check with your travel agent or nearest Saudi Embassy before travelling. For more information on visa entry to Saudi Arabia, please visit the MoFA website: www.visa.mofa.gov.sa
Security Tips after Check-in
- As a passenger, you are required to pass through security checks before boarding your flight. The security personnel will check both you and your hand baggage to ensure that you are not carrying items that could pose a threat to safety and security during the flight
- After you have checked in, you will pass through a security check-point before you enter passport control. This need not be a stressful experience. These tips will help you to be more prepared.
- If you’ve been drinking water/juice etc., throw the bottle away before you get to airport security as you won’t be allowed to take it in with you
- In line with international regulations, if you are taking liquids or gels in your hand luggage.
- You may only take containers of 100ml or less.
- All hand luggage will be X-ray screened and you will pass through a metal detector.
- You could be asked to place your mobile phone, keys and metal objects in a tray to go through the scanner, so make sure these are easily accessible, together with your liquids and gels.
- You will be asked to pull out your laptop to put through the scanner.
- You will probably be asked to remove your belt and shoes and possibly your jacket, before going through security.
- Pushchairs and walking aids will be X-ray screened.
- Wheelchairs will be thoroughly searched.
- If you are taking prescription medications or syringes with you, each item should be in its original container and you should carry the prescription with you.